University of Nevada, Reno
Finding, coaching and training public media's next generation.
This edition of the #NPRNextGenRadio project was produced in collaboration with University of Nevada, Reno, Reynolds School of Journalism in May 2021.
- Managing Editor – Traci Tong, Editor, Public Media Journalists Association
- Digital Editors – Amara Aguilar, University of Southern California; and Kylene Yumul, University of Nevada, Reno
- Audio Tech – Selena Seay-Reynolds, Freelancer Audio Engineer, Princeton, New Jersey; and Perla Gomez, University of Nevada, Reno
- Illustrators – Lauren Ibanez, Houston; Ard Su, Baltimore; and Emily Whang, Los Angeles
- Visuals – Erica Lee, Freelance Visual Journalist, Jersey City, New Jersey; Michelle Baker, Media Producer, U.S. Senate; and Perla Gomez, University of Nevada, Reno
- Web Developer – Robert Boos, Metropolitan State, Minneapolis
Our journalist/mentors for this project were:
- Nico Colombant, University of Nevada, Reno
- Anh Gray, Public Health Editor, KUNR Public Radio
- Cintia Lopez, Producer, CapRadio
- Itxy Quintanilla, Associate Producer, KPCC
- Paolo Zialcita, General Assignment Reporter, Colorado Public Radio
NPR’s Next Generation Radio program is directed by its founder, Doug Mitchell.